The New York Times yesterday reported that a senior Hamas official, Ghazi Hamad, told the paper that there were no fragments of the missile that hit Al Ahli Arab Hospital on Oct. 17. In a phone interview on Oct. 22, he said: “The missile has dissolved like salt in the water. It’s vaporized. Nothing is left.” The paper added its claim that, according to Western reporters, there were no remnants the morning after the attack, and suggested that they had been removed.
The Times then reported a text received from Salama Maroof, spokesperson for Gaza government, reading: “Who says we’re obligated to present the remnants of every rocket that kills our people? In general, you can come and research and confirm for yourself from the evidence we possess.”