Today on Rossiya-24, Renat Karchaa, the advisor to the CEO of Rosenergoatom, stated, according to TASS: “In the nighttime on July 5, Ukrainian troops will try to attack the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant with the use of high-precision long-range weapons and kamikaze drones. They plan to airdrop bombs stuffed with radioactive waste that were removed from the South Ukraine Nuclear Power Plant to a military airfield in Ukraine. The standby bombing plan provides for the use of a Tochka-U high-precision rocket with a warhead stuffed with radioactive waste. If this madness doesn’t stop, there will be a big catastrophe,”
Andrii Yusov, a representative of Ukraine’s GUR (the Defense Ministry’s Main Intelligence Directorate) apparently responded to Karchaa’s claim. He said on Ukraine’s Channel 24, as reported by Ukrinform, that new Russian falsehoods about the situation at the ZNPP are a “primitive and lying psychological operation.” It is meant to sow confusion about Ukraine’s broad information campaign on the terrorist plans of Russia, and to cover for their preparation and information cover for an upcoming attack.
Yusov said that the plant “is illegally occupied, a number of facilities at the station have been mined, and yes, there is a risk that the terrorist state may resort to escalation and complete preparations for a terrorist attack. But at the moment, we are talking about increasing the degree of nuclear blackmail, carrying out a psychological operation in order to sow panic in Ukrainian society and demoralize Ukrainian defenders.” Then he repeated the GUR line from last week, since discredited, that Russia had taken away some of the Rosatom personnel who worked at the ZNPP.